Sunday, March 22, 2009

California Driver’s Education

yword: home remodel
Getting excited about a California driver’s education course is crazy, right? That’s what I would have said a few weeks ago, but I cannot believe how much my opinions have changed. I kind of knew that in the state of California you had to fulfill certain requirements before being eligible to get a permit or license, but I was not exactly sure as to what these were. When I turned 15 a few months ago I found out that I would need to take a California Driver Ed course before I could even get my permit. I had been waiting for this day for years, so it was kind of a letdown to learn that I couldn’t go to the DMV that very day.
Keyword: home remodel
The only good thing that came out of all of this was that I learned that you could take a California driver’s education course online. This meant that I wouldn’t have to sit in one of those boring classrooms for two straight days listening to an instructor; I got to do it all from home. The course was accessible from any computer with an internet connection, but the best part was that I could work on it whenever I wanted.
Keyword: home remodel
We take orders from teachers all week long in school, so it was a nice change of pace to feel like I was in control for once. I finished the course really quickly and I went down to the DMV later that day. I can still only drive when my mom is in the car, but hey it’s better than walking.

No comments: